PDA

View Full Version : Pics of pullstart on a kitfox

stephenedensmore
11-15-2018, 06:50 PM
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone here has ever installed a pull start rather than an electric start on their kitfox and if so could you share some pictures, Ive got a 1997 Kitfox 4 with a 618ul engine. Im going to route the pull cord inside and I have a pretty good idea of how im going to do it but any sugestions and or photos would be greatly appreciated :) thanks

GuppyWN
11-15-2018, 07:11 PM
Look for a video on the history of Rans. I saw their first airplane, which has been refurbished, start via pull handle from inside the cockpit.

avidflyer
11-15-2018, 09:26 PM
Avid flyers also could be equipted with a pull starter. Used a piece of tube welded to the front fuselage that a pully bolted to so the direction of the rope pull was turned 90 degrees. Should be able to be done on a Kitfox as well. I'll try to post a picture or scan the page from the manual that shows it. JImChuk

Well I guess the picture was to big. I can email it to someone if I have their address. I'll also try to figure how to downsize it. It's only 688 KB.

stephenedensmore
11-16-2018, 08:22 AM
Hey guys thanks for the reply. Avidflier, would you be able to email me the pic, my email is stephenedensmore@gmail.com I have a general idea of how that would work and its similar to what i had in mind but a pic would be great. id basically like to see where in particular it was routed to so not to interfere with controles ect. Im also going to search for that video on the Rans too. thanks again :)

avidflyer
11-16-2018, 09:13 AM
You should have them in your email now., JImChuk

stephenedensmore
11-16-2018, 09:17 AM
Hi Jim just got the pics thanks :)