PDA

View Full Version : Is there a need to have the floor panels removable (easily?)

tracstarr
10-19-2018, 05:06 PM
I'm just wondering if there is a reason to be able to have to remove the floor panels easily. I can't really think of why myself. I'm working on using abs instead of the wood and thought I could just make it one piece under the pedals. But i'm sure there's a reason if the design is multiple.

rtc183
10-19-2018, 05:10 PM
I had a hydraulic leak behind the pedals and it ran under the floorboards aft of the pedals. One reason.

neville
10-20-2018, 05:39 AM
The condition inspection procedure for an SS7 requires the removal of the floor panels except for the forward strip that the rudder pedal/brake cyl assembly is mounted on.

rosslr
10-20-2018, 01:58 PM
I would advise you to make the floor boards easy to remove for the simple reason it encourages regular inspection of the control surface linkages, fuel lines and electrical cables below the floor boards. These are all very critical to flight safety. Additionally, you will be surprised how much dust and dirt can accumulate down there on the fabric and other surfaces. I lift the floor boards about every couple months just to check and clean. It is a simple job with the easily removed seats, carpet and floor boards.

cheers

ross

kmach
10-20-2018, 07:01 PM
You will need to be able to remove them .