PDA

View Full Version : Kitfox around western Indiana (3I3 airport) for a ride? potential builder/buyer

binder
10-07-2018, 10:24 AM
Hello all!

I'm an instrument pilot from Terre Haute Indiana (3I3) with a cherokee 180 and Thorp t-18. I love my tail dragger although I have been getting more interested into low and slow. I have 1200 foot grass strip on the family farm but my Thorp needs more landing room. I would also like to take a back country trip out to Utah.

I have been looking for kitfox planes to buy but also thinking in the next few years of building my own. Since it will be my toy plane the kf 3 and IV are probably in the right price range. Most with a rotax although I service my planes and prefer a lycoming despite the added weight. Not many of them out there on these frames though.

I have never flown an avid or kitfox and was hoping to go up with someone in one to see how much I like it before selling off my tail dragger that I have invested time and money into for something else. I have also been looking at the Ran's s6 as well. I would love a super cub or carbon cub but being a second airplane I can't bring myself to have 2 expensive airplanes.

Thanks for anyone around that could take me up. I can fly to your location and pay for the fuel on the ride.

binder
10-10-2018, 06:58 AM
Bueller? Bueller?

There aren't any kit fox in the mid west?

jmodguy
10-10-2018, 07:35 AM
I think there are some in southern Indiana. Mine is still in work...

binder
10-10-2018, 07:47 AM
Is there another hangout online for kitfox owners? I'm in southern indiana a few times a month so that would be perfect.

Meyer
10-10-2018, 08:25 AM
I posted an intro thread of sorts not long ago. Someone in that thread mentioned that a group of 4-5 kitfox owners gather and camp once in awhile just east of Indy. You could probably PM him and find out when they are around next.

binder
10-10-2018, 08:28 AM
Thanks for that info! I'll dig into the thread and find that info.

binder
06-23-2020, 01:38 PM
Bump to the top. Spoke with a few but still looking to get a ride in one somewhere here in the midwest. I'm between kitfox, highlander, super stol and bearhawk