PDA

View Full Version : 915 avionics

tjentzsch
09-30-2018, 06:46 PM
It seem like many popular systems specifically state they are for the 912.

I have tried to find avionics that state they specifically work with the 915 but so far unable.

Thank you for any help finding resources.

N981MS
10-01-2018, 05:23 AM
I assume you are referring to engine data on the EFIS. It should not be an issue. As long as the EFIS knows which sensors (oil pressure, oil temp, etc) you are using it should not matter what the engine is. I suppose the tachometer could be an issue but I am quite sure that can be sorted easily and probably already has. You may already know this but Trent Palmer is putting this engine on the Freedom Fox.

Give Advanced Flight Systems a call I am sure they can clear up any questions. I am sure the Dynon etc can as well but I only have experience with Rob and his crew.

tjentzsch
10-01-2018, 09:09 AM
That makes sense and I was just confirming for my sanity :)

Yes, I heard he was putting that engine in. I guess I misunderstood what he said as he is doing a whole new panel.

Thanks for the help

wannafly
10-01-2018, 12:21 PM
Although most of current efis will monitor your engine Rotax will highly recommend their EMU. I’m putting in a garment G3X and it will monitor some of the engine but it is not complete. Rotax EMU monitors everything the motor is putting out. I’m sure the dealer would explain it better than I am. Be prepared the EMU is rather $$$ but then again if you are looking at the 915 you know that. It will be worth it IMHO.

dcsfoto
10-03-2018, 06:19 PM
if you are talking 915, I was told you must use the Rotax EMU and the MT Prop

I have the Stock EMU ( Now Rotax bough him out) Love it
Cost more but for me, no dongle ($1500) to hook computer to maint ports
no Microsoft computer ( I am Apple, dongle is Microsoft only)

You can hit the info button and read ANY fault.

EMU comes with a card and program to read it. if you add the GPS antenna
it records every trip to replay in Google Earth.

Did not need the $950 Garmin box to read engine

David Kelm
A&P,IA,DART,DARF

7SS 912iS,Garmin Touch