PDA

View Full Version : RMI Rocky Mountain Instruments Micro Encoder

FlyinFish N928M
09-21-2018, 06:53 AM
Hello All, I am new on the forum, but now new to aviation,

Purchased and built by myself one of these engine monitors years ago, but now as I resurrect my project, I am skeptical of investing added time and panel space on what I think is outdated and unsupported electronics.

Should I ditch this effort, or does this have a market for someone?

I brought the unit to life and everything works electronically, have the whole kit for sale if anyone might be interested?

Thoughts anyone?

WWhunter
09-21-2018, 09:01 AM
I have the unit in my S7 that was built in 1997 and while it still works well.....the internal battery has died and it doesn't keep its memory. I need to pull it out one of these days and replace the battery since I like the unit.

RandyL
10-12-2018, 10:38 AM
Rocky Mountain Instruments, wow there's a flashback! I've built two of them and used them on my first aircraft build, an RV-8. You may not be aware that the owner has closed the company back in 2011 so I'd definitely select yourself a new avionics suite and move on. As you get yourself current again you'll see that the technology and value has definitely changed as well.

DesertFox4
10-12-2018, 10:50 AM
Good to see you on here again Randy. Drop in once in a while. Always welcome. Congrats on the new Dynon gig. Great company. :)

RandyL
10-15-2018, 09:11 AM
Good to see you on here again Randy. Drop in once in a while. Always welcome. Congrats on the new Dynon gig. Great company. :)
Will do Steve!