PDA

View Full Version : Picture sizing

Birdseyeview
08-23-2018, 03:47 PM
I've been trying to send a picture of my engine with one of my thread responses but when I try to upload it the response comes back and says that its too big. You're upload instructions say that your bulletin will automatically resize. What am I doing wrong? I'm using an Apple laptop.

Dorsal
08-23-2018, 04:11 PM
Don't think the auto-resizing is working, I resized in Photo-Shop, less than 700X1400 and 940 Kbites (roughly).

Av8r3400
08-23-2018, 04:22 PM
At the moment we are still struggling with some software issues. Photos are one of the major glitches in this. Hoping that we can get things sorted soon... :o

Wheels
08-25-2018, 07:47 PM
I'm using a MAC desktop. I put the photo on my desktop, Tools, Resize, under 75k or whatever, go to select file, choose my desktop copy, upload, done.
It worked for my firewall post.

Birdseyeview
08-25-2018, 08:45 PM
Excuse my ignorance but I'm a bit of a computer dinosaur: Putting the photo on my Mac desktop is easy but where to I look for the "Tools" you describe? I assume that once I get to the "Tools" menu that the "Resize" will be a sub menu item under it, correct?

Wheels
08-25-2018, 10:05 PM
Sorry, I talk fast.
With the picture you just placed on the desktop, go to tools.
A dropdown menu shows up with "adjust size." as an option.
PM me if you have trouble.

Jaster
08-26-2018, 05:24 PM
I think the missing step might be opening the image in something like Preview (the default viewer on your Mac). Once there, going to the "Tools" menu and "Adjust Size" will give you the options of adjusting the overall pixel size of the image. You'll notice down the bottom of that window you get an estimate file size given the changes you've just made.

Depending on the composition of the photo, you could also click and drag a box around the portion you're after, and then use the "Tools" -> "Crop" option. This will also help drop the file size by getting rid of some "background clutter" with out dropping the image quality.

Play with combo's of the two till you find what works for you.

Cheers,
J.

Birdseyeview
08-26-2018, 05:58 PM
Thanks - that was what I needed