PDA

View Full Version : Rotax 912 Rework

Guy Buchanan
08-16-2018, 11:29 AM
Dang I can no longer upload photos so I can't show you what came yesterday, but suffice to say it's a mess. First thing is I'd like to see if I can have a pro go through the 912 to see if it can be saved. That said, does anyone have a recommendation for a Rotax 912 rework facility / person in the west?

Thanks.

Esser
08-16-2018, 11:55 AM
Best bet is Rotech in Bernon, BC, Canada.

Av8r3400
08-16-2018, 12:01 PM
Sorry about the photo thing. That's an on-going struggle.

A little closer to you would be to contact Hal Stockman, Zipper Big Bore, in Elko Nevada.

http://zipperbigbore.com/

Dave S
08-16-2018, 12:04 PM
Guy,

No specific recommendations, however, ROAN has a list of Rotax credentialed mechanics/repair stations listed on the ROAN website.

https://www.rotax-owner.com/en/support-topmenu/find-service/rotax-irmt-service

California seems to have a lot.

efwd
08-16-2018, 03:36 PM
Just spoke with Bryan Toepfer of California Power Systems.
He said he's able to do that type of work. Corona, CA. He is in the Aircraft Spruce building.
He is at work now but won't be tomorrow. Back in to the office again Monday morning.
951-549-7786

Floog
08-18-2018, 08:51 AM
I drained the Columbia River outta my 912 and now it's real clean and runs better than ever.
Good luck, Guy!

Wheels
08-19-2018, 07:55 PM
I don't want to stumble a brother in the club. But FWIW, Just having the credential as a Rotax Mechanic does not a Rotax Mechanic make. The last "Certified Rotax Mechanic" I took my engine to, made the following error.
Installed the throttle arms backwards on my carburetors. Yup, certified Rotax mechanic alright. Not worth a tinkers ... something. If you don't know the man or some of his customers, you may as well go to Vegas and gamble.
I signed up for the Rotax Repair course to ensure my own satisfaction however, there are some marvelous mechanics out there and they meticulously ply their trade. You just need to do your due diligence. I happen to live at the edge of the world and therefore, good help is hard to come by in the aviation sector.