PDA

View Full Version : Model iv-1200

DRAFTSTUD
08-10-2018, 07:46 PM
I purchased a Model IV-1200 to train in for my Sport Pilot. Now I cannot seem to get anyone to insure the plane as my CFI has no time in a Kitfox. I bought this plane because it came with all the avionics plus I-Fly along with a low hour 2200 Jabiru. I have put a new battery, 21" Tundras along with a new tail spring. At this point I am just trying to get back even, I paid $22000 for it. Nice plane and all...if you are not learning to fly!!!! I will get my son to help me post the photos of it tomorrow. I have a big box of all the paperwork and folders, logs ect to go along with this plane. John

avidflyer
08-10-2018, 07:53 PM
Are you close enough to St Elmo, Alabama to train there? You can probably train with Herb Tipton. He used to own a Kitfox 4. He is a nice guy, does lots of training in Paul Mather's M Squared aircraft which are built at that airport. If this is of any interest to you, contact me and I'll send you his phone # Take care, JImChuk

PS just goggled it and you are 417 miles from St Elmo. Still and all, no one ever said flying was going to be easy. Still if may work for you though....??? Or search around for a different CFI who can do the training in your Kitfox.

PSPS sent you a PM.. Maybe know of someone else can help that is closer

ohlhausenr
08-12-2018, 12:52 PM
Give CFI Justin Lee a call or text at 903 277-0699. He has a lot of Kitfox time and is in Texarkana, Tx.

Hockeystud87
08-12-2018, 09:15 PM
I purchased a Model IV-1200 to train in for my Sport Pilot. Now I cannot seem to get anyone to insure the plane as my CFI has no time in a Kitfox. I bought this plane because it came with all the avionics plus I-Fly along with a low hour 2200 Jabiru. I have put a new battery, 21" Tundras along with a new tail spring. At this point I am just trying to get back even, I paid $22000 for it. Nice plane and all...if you are not learning to fly!!!! I will get my son to help me post the photos of it tomorrow. I have a big box of all the paperwork and folders, logs ect to go along with this plane. John

Technically you don't need any insurance to fly... But that's just bad advice.

avidflyer
08-12-2018, 09:46 PM
Some states require at least liability insurance, some don't. I know Mn does, and my understanding is that Wi. doesn't. I'm in Mn. JImChuk

DRAFTSTUD
08-17-2018, 06:37 AM
Give CFI Justin Lee a call or text at 903 277-0699. He has a lot of Kitfox time and is in Texarkana, Tx.

Thanks! I spoke to Justin Lee last night. Real nice fellow with Kitfox experience to boot! John