PDA

View Full Version : Cowl Fastener Help

Bobo
08-10-2018, 06:01 PM
After removing and putting my SS7 Cowl back on, I can't find one of the fasteners. It is a phillips head fastener that sits flush when turned 1/4 turn. It has an "S" and a "2" on the screw head. I've been told it is a Southco fastener but after searching Aircraft Spruce, I can't find a Southco fastener that looks like mine. Anybody know what I have and where to get more?

I've tried to attach jpg files 10K in size but I can't figure out how to do this. Following the instructions on "Inserting pictures into your message" thread did not work for me. This has to be fairly easy thing to do because there are many pics often posted on this forum. Thanks for any help provided!

R/ Todd

efwd
08-10-2018, 10:05 PM
Todd, pictures are currently having issues. Its easy when its opperational. Ill have to defer the fastener part until morning.

jrevens
08-10-2018, 11:35 PM
It’s almost certainly a Camloc fastener. The 2600 series are what Kitfox provided in my kit. That is the “stud” that is mated with a “receptical” riveted to the cowl. The 2 is the specific size/length for a certain thickness of panels being fastened together. They come in many different lengths.

rosslr
08-11-2018, 04:44 AM
https://www.milspecproducts.com/c_spec_2000_series_general_purpose_fasteners__caml oc__compatible_

cheers

ross

Bobo
08-11-2018, 06:17 AM
You folks are AMAZING! With your help, I just found & ordered the Camloc fastener I need. That you did this without pictures is unreal.

R/ Todd