PDA

View Full Version : Yaesu static from GPS

jonstark
08-05-2018, 05:03 PM
My Yaesu handheld com radio hisses whenever I turn on either my Garmin 150 or 250. Is there anything that can be done to alleviate this?

Jon

efwd
08-05-2018, 06:19 PM
Have you gone through the Noise function on the radio? I have tweeked out some noise on my yeasu that I just bought yesterday.

jonstark
08-06-2018, 11:29 AM
Tried the ANL (auto noise lessen) feature today to no avail. It’s an older radio.

Jon

Dave S
08-06-2018, 12:51 PM
Jon,

Don't know what options for adjustment you hand held has; however, it is not all that uncommon that com radios need some tweeking of the gain adjustment; or, squelch. Not all hand helds have all adjustment options.

Good luck, electronics is pure voodoo (IMHO)

jiott
08-06-2018, 02:25 PM
I have a friend who has all 3 of the common handhelds (Yaesu, Icom, and Sportys). He has the lowest opinion of Yaesu and the highest opinion of Sportys.

efwd
08-06-2018, 06:38 PM
Awe Jim! Nice of you to say it now. :( eh, got it on sale pretty cheap and its just the com type so I couldn't go any cheaper on this one. Kinda contradicts my previous statement in another post that I frequently buy the best when given the choice.
I have had an iCom in the past, thought nothing special. I really contemplated the Sporty's this time. In the end I was going to pay for the Nav features that I just didn't feel I would ever use. I never used the iCom that way either.

Xengineguy
08-07-2018, 09:38 AM
Contact yeasu USA, I had a problem with anr and they walked me through
An adjustment in the radio. Simple and worked great.. That was a few years ago so I don’t remember the details. Love my yeasu radios! :):)

jonstark
08-07-2018, 04:48 PM
Spoke to Yaesu tech services. My older radio has no noise adjustment other than ANL which is meant to dampen ignition noise. Oh well.

Jon