PDA

View Full Version : Radiator mounting pictures

Delta Whisky
08-04-2018, 10:53 AM
Does anyone happen to have pictures of their radiator mounting (round cowl) location detail? Don't go to any special effort. Thanks, Darrel

cap01
08-04-2018, 12:33 PM
just to be clear, are you talking about oil cooler or coolant cooler?

Delta Whisky
08-04-2018, 12:41 PM
Opps, my bad. Water radiator. The drawing has the mounting plate located off of the bottom of the firewall but that presents some issue(s) with the holes/rivets already there that attach the bottom panel to the firewall itself. (Trying to avoid a series of short edge distance issues.) I'm curious if there is room to move the radiator mounting bracket up enough to get away from the already drilled holes and make my life easier. Thanks.

cap01
08-04-2018, 01:22 PM
on my model IV the radiator is considerably aft of the firewall. i just had the radiator off and had it cleaned when i installed a new engine. i never removed the screws that are thru the floorboards. how the tabs and spacers are arranged i don't know, I'm pretty sure I've seen it in the manual .

Delta Whisky
08-04-2018, 03:38 PM
Thanks Chuck but it appears that they mount differently. In the attached file I've attempted to show what I'm trying to work around. The red line in the upper right hand picture represents the top edge of the lip from the bottom panel. It already has the rivet holes in it - shown loosely by the black circles I added. It seems that my edge and hole interferences go away if I can move the mount up about 0.5 to 0.625 inches. (I'm a wimp and am looking for the easy answer.)

HighWing
08-04-2018, 07:46 PM
Does anyone happen to have pictures of their radiator mounting (round cowl) location detail? Don't go to any special effort. Thanks, Darrel

Darrel,
When you said round cowl, I assumed you were building a Model IV or earlier, though some early Vs had round cowls. I was prepared to take some photos, but nothing I could provide would be remotely helpful

cap01
08-04-2018, 08:20 PM
yes totally different from the 912 setup. I've never seen anything like that. is it a setup for a 2 stroke?

Eric
08-05-2018, 04:28 AM
I have mounted my radiator on the front float ataching points

Delta Whisky
08-05-2018, 06:54 PM
Cap1 - no sir, 912ULS. Thanks to all for your responses though.