PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on Sensenich composite

RandyL
06-13-2008, 07:52 PM
I'm considering the Sensenich composite ground adjustable prop for my 912S equipped Super Sport. Any field experience out there with this prop? I want to have the option of operating the plane as an LSA down the road so I can't have an in-flight adjustable prop like the Warp Drive that seems to be so popular.

SkySteve
06-13-2008, 08:36 PM
I don't know anything about the Sensenich, but I do have the Warp Drive and it is ground adjustable. I fly Sport Pilot with it.

jdmcbean
06-16-2008, 09:40 AM
Randy,
I have flown with the Sensenich.. Although not on the Fox yet... Nice prop and quick to adjust. The Warp is a ground adjustable unless coupled with the Airmaster system or Prop Link system. Ivo has both the Quick adjust and the In-flight adjust. Results.. The 3 blade props tend to be a little smoother and quieter.

John

RandyL
06-16-2008, 04:39 PM
Any sense for performance diffences such as cruise or climb? I don't suppose anyone has tried several different props on the same Kitfox under comparable conditions? Good project for someone that we'd all benefit from.

Mnflyer
10-12-2008, 01:49 PM
Hi all an update on the Sensenich ground adjustable prop, just got an e mail from them indicating that the 2EK model is now released for use on the Continentals A-65 thur the C-90's this is the same prop that is used on the Cont. 0-200. It is approved only for Light Sport or experimentals with a 3 week back log at present.
Again this prop is for the Continental engines, with the SAE #1 prop flange, they are hoping to have the Lycoming 0-235 prop model 2EM6 for the SAE #2 prop flange read in the nest month.

RandyL
05-03-2009, 06:32 PM
No decision yet, but it will likely be the new Whirl Wind that is on the Kitfox Aircraft's new S-LSA. It hasn't been released yet, John McBean is doing the testing and helping with development. Sssh, it's still secret.

lbushrod
05-04-2009, 11:07 AM
Randy,

My first prop was a Sensenich wooden prop with composite leading edge. The shape of the blades I think is identical to the ground adjustable composite. Both are meant to flex with takeoff power and cruise.

We tried the ground adjustable on a Jabiru Avid and my friend did not like it. We could not get it to track closer than 1/4" and he reported a vibration. I flew the plane, did not notice the vibration but the pitch adjustment was set more for cruise than climb.

Two other members of my squadron have the ground adjustable and are good with it. One is a Jab the other is a 912.

On the tip configuration: I noticed that there was very little difference in airspeed between 26 and 2800 rpm (my cruise range). I could pull it back to 2450 and do nearly as well. My therory is that Sensenich configures the flex to respond to GA aircraft engines at between 2300 and 2550 rpm and loses cruise effectiveness beyond.

That being said, the ground adjustable would be ideal for a Kitfox if you set it up for your favorite type of flying.

I still like my Sensenich, keep it for a spare and will put it back on when I finish our upcoming cross country trips.

Good Luck,

Pete