PDA

View Full Version : We’re back!!!👍

DesertFox4
07-18-2018, 01:35 PM
Sorry for the down time folks. TeamKitfox.com outgrew our hosting plan and was shut down until we could first, upgrade to what I understand is a virtually unlimited plan and then migrate this sizable data base to a new, more capable server. So far my testing shows most vital operations work and the data base made the move pretty much intact.

I did pre-pay this new , more expensive plan for 3 years so I hope we run trouble free for awhile now. The personal bank account took a hit so please click on our wonderful sponsors on the left side of every page you visit on this site. They pay a lot of the bills and help me keep the lights on here.

While I wasn’t happy that we received no warning of the shutdown by the hosting company, their technicians have all been wonderful in getting us up and running post haste.

Thank you John McBean for posting our predicament on Kitfox Aircraft's Facebook page so some of you would get the word that we were fighting our way back to the internet. Also thanks to John for offering any assistance needed to expidite our return.

Enjoy the forums guys.

P.S.
I’m fighting my way through weather to get to AirVentue. Hope to see some of you there. Travel safe if you are attending.

Esser
07-18-2018, 02:15 PM
Hey Steve, I made a post on facebook as well and clicked some ads!

DesertFox4
07-18-2018, 02:32 PM
Thanks Josh.:)

AirFox
07-18-2018, 02:53 PM
Thanks Steve for your hard work getting Teamkitfox back online and for your hard work keeping the forum available. This forum is part of my daily schedule and it was missed!

Scott

DesertFox4
07-18-2018, 03:00 PM
Thanks Scott. Glad you’re here.

David47
07-18-2018, 03:27 PM
I have Grove gear, MGL and Aeroled lights so hope that click adds to the acct. Great that we’re back up and running. I needed therapy the last few days ....

efwd
07-18-2018, 04:01 PM
Good Lord, I was withdrawing!
Thanks Steve. Just in time before getting on the river here in Utah. Just drove through your neighborhood on our way up here from Phx.

jmodguy
07-18-2018, 04:56 PM
Glad TeamKitfox is back! Thought maybe the zombie apocalypse had come to AZ! :eek:

colospace
07-18-2018, 05:29 PM
Whew, I was perplexed trying to determine what was wrong with my devices or provider. So glad to have things back up.

GregA
07-18-2018, 05:53 PM
^^^ what they said. Been wondering for the last couple days. Thanks for making things work again and better!

GWright6970
07-18-2018, 06:46 PM
Well done Steve and the crew who made this happen!! THANK YOU!!!

Bluebird19kf
07-18-2018, 07:36 PM
The internet is a barron place without teamkifox!

aviator79
07-19-2018, 06:24 AM
Oh thank god. (And Steve.)

Clark in AZ
07-19-2018, 06:46 AM
Congrats on getting back up. Note that the "New Posts" link is not working.

Clark

mscotter
07-20-2018, 06:06 AM
Nice work getting the site back up so quickly. Work was really dull without being able to occasionally surf the Teamkitfox site!

Cherrybark
07-20-2018, 06:37 AM
Steve

Was more than a little concerned this wonderful resource had been lost. Wonderful to have it back. Congratulations on the successful migration and thank you for all of the work you do supporting the site.

Russell320
07-20-2018, 08:04 AM
Steve.....is it time to start soliciting donations?

bumsteer
07-20-2018, 02:41 PM
I was wondering the same thing.

Rick

DesertFox4
07-20-2018, 02:52 PM
Thanks guys. :)

Clark, I’ve tried the “New Posts” feature several times since your post and it seems to function normally for me although I hardly ever use that function myself.
When I log in, the very first thing I check is under “Quick Links”. I click on today’s posts to see what is new.

Russ, thanks for the question about donations. I know it probably is not the smartest business practice to resist asking for or accepting donations but this site was set up from the beginning to operate completely from sponsor’s advertising revenue. So far we have been able to keep to that concept and I hope to be able to into the future. The great sponsors over to our left are key to keeping this site from donation drives and the like.
You members too are key to keeping this site as is. While clicking on and perusing the sponsor’s site brings not one extra nickle per year to operating this site, our sponsors gauge the value of their advertising here by how much activity their click through adverts generate per year. We just lost DynaVibe prop balancers due to receiving only 131 hits from their advert here last year.
That’s about 1/10th of the years operating money.

Click throughs are a kind of poor metric to measure this kind of site’s sales impact for sponsors but it is one of the only ways they have of tracking money spent on social media advertising effectiveness. I know several of you purchased DynaVibes due to positive feedback from other members posts on TeamKitfox.com. DynaVibe couldn’t track those sale specifically from this site so they left.
Keep this site free by visiting these sponsor’s sites regularly and if you really want to make an impact, send them an email thanking them for sponsoring specifically this site but also the entire Kitfox community. Also stop by their booths at AirVenture and thank them for sponsoring your site. They would quickly notice if two hundred people or more expressed their appreciation for supporting TeamKitfox. Trust me the impact would be amazing.

I’m so grateful to so many of you who have offered financial assistance over the years and I know if it’s ever absolutely needed to keep this site on line, many would step up to help. It’s very heartwarming to know how many of you members value this site. Thanks for reading a little about the inner workings of your favorite on-line aviation forum and thanks to all of you for the wonderful support through our downtime. The emails of concern were appreciated. Thanks again Russ for your suggestion and hope to see you soon.
Fly safe everyone.

Esser
07-20-2018, 07:41 PM
I'll make a list on the sponsors and make sure I thank everyone of them while I'm at OSH Steve.

DesertFox4
07-20-2018, 10:23 PM
Thanks Josh.:)