PDA

View Full Version : Turtledeck camlock receptacles

aviator79
07-13-2018, 06:40 AM
I'm installing the aft turtledeck angle. What is the function of the pin in the backside of the camlock receptacles? It comes out awfully easy, and I can't tell why it's there to begin with, There is a machined slot for it, so it must have some purpose.

aviator79
07-13-2018, 07:28 AM
I found the Skybolt instructions. The pin is intended to be removed. It prevents the insert from locking in the barrel so that it can be adjusted. When final adjustment is complete, you remove the pin, allowing the insert to lock in the barrel.

Clark in AZ
07-13-2018, 08:07 AM
Thanks for posting the answer. I will be getting to those before long.

Clark

efwd
07-13-2018, 04:02 PM
Brian, notice that the pin is inserted from the face side. be sure you leave that little hole exposed to the outside. when i drilled the hole out on the airframe tab, i made a little notch that extended beyond that hole. Now that I put the acrylic on I can just lift it up and then adjust the barrel by sticking a pick into that little hole to unlock the barrel. spin the barrel and lock back down. You may have to do this a couple times each and reaching in to disengage the barrel from the back side is just less convenient.

dcsfoto
07-18-2018, 02:51 PM
the pin removes from rear

look inside and you will see the pin holds up a clip to keep it from locking in a grove

need to adjust take a pointed thin pick and slip it under the clip adjust and remove pick

David
912iS Garmin G3X
N911PC