PDA

View Full Version : Protocols at small FBO's

LSaupe
05-25-2018, 05:24 PM
Flying to a small FBO tomorrow (at 7B2). We will park our bird there (at the FBO) while we head into town for brunch (maybe 2 hours).

What is typical for something like this? I do not see any landing fees listed on their website. Is is customary to just purchase gas (say 8 gals), donation jar, something else?

Larry

airlina
05-25-2018, 05:52 PM
Larry, I don't like surprises , so I always call the FBO before I go to see what their policies are. Some are great , the FBO I use when I fly into ROC , NY has no fees, gives you a crew car that they pull up front for you and expects nothing in return , although I usually buy 10 galllons of gas because i feel guilty. Others however may have ramp and service fees but will waive them with a 10 gal fuel purchase. Best to call before you go , then you know. Bruce N199CL

airlina
05-25-2018, 05:56 PM
Larry , Go on Airnav and you will find great reviews for the FBO at North Hampton , I think you will be treated well there. Have fun ,Bruce

aviator79
05-26-2018, 02:29 PM
Definitely best to call ahead and ask. There really aren't any accepted norms; everywhere is differebt. I will say that if I use a courtesy car, I definitely buy fuel and gas up the car before returning it.

LSaupe
05-26-2018, 02:55 PM
Fabulous feedback, thanks guys.