PDA

View Full Version : Kitfox SS tailwheel selection

tsoftware
04-04-2018, 09:07 PM
I have recently purchased a 2008 Kitfox SS kit that was originally purchased with the nose gear option. Unfortunately, they didn't select the option to also keep the tailwheel, which is my preferred configuration.

What tailwheel is suggested? I am leaning toward the more economical Matco 8" pneumatic tailwheel kit that Kitfox sells? Ideas? Thoughts?

TIA

jrthomas
04-05-2018, 03:06 AM
I have the Matco 8". I replaced a Maule that came with my model 4. I'd do it all over again. I couldn't ask for a better tailwheel for all around general use. James Thomas

redbowen
04-05-2018, 10:06 AM
I can recommend the 8" Matco dual arm tailwheel with the Airframes Alaska T3 tail spring. This set up is amazing. You can see pictures here: https://n454tw.weebly.com/blog just scroll down a bit and I did a short write up about it.

Esser
04-06-2018, 02:11 PM
I might be selling my brand new Matco 8" pneumatic. It's been on my plane for a year but has never flown. Let me know if you're interested because I was planning on upgrading to something bigger in the next few months. I might do it sooner though...

tsoftware
04-06-2018, 02:15 PM
I might be selling my brand new Matco 8" pneumatic. It's been on my plane for a year but has never flown. Let me know if you're interested because I was planning on upgrading to something bigger in the next few months. I might do it sooner though...

Single fork or dual fork?

Esser
04-06-2018, 02:28 PM
It's the single...same one that comes with the kit.

tsoftware
04-06-2018, 04:12 PM
It's the single...same one that comes with the kit.

Sent you a PM.