PDA

View Full Version : The 'REVENS' quick access mod.

rosslr
02-20-2018, 07:58 PM
Inspired by John's great innovation, I had a go making my own mod.

I am really pleased with it - this a great idea John and one that I think should be adopted as an option in the kits. I have spent a lot of time loading and unloading a full luggage compartment when travelling and this will make it much easier. It also stiffens the turtle deck up and stops any vibration due to airflow etc. It's easy to find some continuous hinge material and modify it as needed. All up a couple of hours is all it takes. Thanks for the great idea John!

cheers

ross

jmodguy
02-20-2018, 08:12 PM
This was an option previously. My Series 5 came with a 2 piece turtle deck. I made it a 1 piece...

GMKman
02-20-2018, 08:15 PM
That is very cool!!
If you have more details on how you made it, that would be great.
I think I gotta have that mod.

rosslr
02-20-2018, 08:42 PM
Here is a link to how John did it - his workmanship is much better than mine and he references materials that most of you can get over there - I had to search a bit in Camper trailer stores to find the hinges I wanted.

http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=5198&page=3

cheers

r

jrevens
02-21-2018, 01:13 AM
That looks great, Ross! Good job, and thanks again for the kind words. Like I said when I posted what I had done, I was sure others have thought of and done a similar modification. I just hadn’t seen any when I first thought of it a few years ago. Since then I’m aware of others, but not done in quite the same way. I think it will be very handy, and I’m really glad you do too. You amaze me by doing that so quickly... I bet you could build 3 airplanes in the time it takes me to do one! Your workmanship looks very, very nice to me.

David47
02-21-2018, 04:46 PM
Great job Ross. :)

Like you, I looked at what JE did and decided "me too". I agree this should be an option for KF to look at. Very useful.

colospace
02-21-2018, 04:58 PM
And they should call it the EST (Evens Split Turtledeck) in recognition!!! Similar to the LLE (Laker Leading Edge).

rosslr
02-21-2018, 05:00 PM
I second that!

r