PDA

View Full Version : Model Differences

hamer
01-26-2018, 03:19 PM
Is there anywhere that gives a side by side/bullet point list comparing the different models? Looking around at used Kitfoxes, not sure if I should be considering all models, or just the newer ones. Seems to be a lot of Model 4s on the market. Mainly looking at the difference between the 4, 5 and 7.

Av8r3400
01-26-2018, 05:30 PM
I quick run of the search function on this board will lead you to many answers you are looking for.

The model IV is the kit built in the highest number, which is why you see them most frequently for sale. The 5-7SS basically are the same fuselage, with subtle differences and refinements. The wing and flapperon control system have been the same since the model IV.

rv9ralph
01-26-2018, 11:35 PM
Order a copy of "Kitfox Pilot's Guide" from Kitfox Aircraft. It is a complete reference guide to the different models of Kitfox. It describes the differences between the different models and their handling.

Ralph

hamer
01-27-2018, 12:14 PM
I quick run of the search function on this board will lead you to many answers you are looking for.

The model IV is the kit built in the highest number, which is why you see them most frequently for sale. The 5-7SS basically are the same fuselage, with subtle differences and refinements. The wing and flapperon control system have been the same since the model IV.

Thank you sir.

Order a copy of "Kitfox Pilot's Guide" from Kitfox Aircraft. It is a complete reference guide to the different models of Kitfox. It describes the differences between the different models and their handling.

Ralph

Did not know that existed, thank you, I will order that manual. Sounds exactly what I'm looking for.