PDA

View Full Version : Transport kit

Flyboy66
01-06-2018, 02:40 PM
Is the “transport kit option” the brackets that hold the wings steady for transport while folded? If so, does anyone have photos of the attach points and the hardware, so I can see how it works?

Thanks,

Steve

efwd
01-06-2018, 05:01 PM
\That is what it is. Unfortunately mine are all still packed away.
Eddie

avidflyer
01-06-2018, 06:41 PM
Unless they have changed from the Kitfox 4 or earlier models, here is what you have. A tube goes from the front spar attachment point on the wing to a tab on the bottom of the lift strut. This will keep the wing from flapping up and down when it's being trailered. Also, a smaller 1/2" tube goes from near the front of the verticle stabilizer to a tab on the rear lift strut attachment bracket to hold the wing folded back. Notice the black tubes where I describe them. The second picture was taken after a 1500 mile trip from Texas to Mn. First one was in Texas before heading north. No damage to the plane on the way home. My nerves were a bit shot, but the plane was fine. :-) I don't completely trust the wing hold back braces though. I always tie the flaperons together "just in case" My first Kitfox project had been wrecked before I got it when one of these braces came undone, and the wing folded out and hit a sign on the side of the road. JImChuk

Skipatrol
01-06-2018, 06:56 PM
The attached link to a You Tube Video has a closeup of the hardware used for the transport kit. I had been trying to find a good pic also and this video did the trick. https://youtu.be/k5zG3tFOvYs

ken nougaret
01-07-2018, 01:03 PM
I made my own. The tubes are conduit from HomeDepot.

ppilotmike
01-07-2018, 01:12 PM
Here is what I use with my model 1.

Flyboy66
01-07-2018, 02:36 PM
Thanks everyone. I was considering building my own and wanted to see what they look like. I am glad to see that others have also built their own. I am fairly handy at welding and will probably try constructing my own.

I will probably build my own transport trailer as well.

efwd
01-07-2018, 06:41 PM
I dug them out.