PDA

View Full Version : Moved to the hangar today!

ejoern
12-03-2017, 09:11 PM
It was a big day today as we moved the Kitfox to the new hangar. I've been building in a two car garage for the last 4.5 years, so it will be so nice to now have the room to attach wings and see all the big pieces come together. I am looking forward to firing up the 912Is for the first time. I am also looking forward to being able to put cars in the garage after 4 winters!

Eric Joern
Colorado Springs, Co

Av8r3400
12-03-2017, 09:51 PM
Another one about to take wing... Congratulations on the mile stone!

jrevens
12-03-2017, 11:47 PM
That's great, Eric!! I've been meaning to call or come down and see you again for quite awhile now... good goin'! It's looking beautiful. Feels good, doesn't it?!

efwd
12-04-2017, 06:40 AM
Very Nice Eric. That paint scheme looks way more difficult than I would take on. Nice job.
Is that a 20ft trailer? How did it ride?
Eddie

ejoern
12-04-2017, 06:57 AM
Hi John & Eddie,

Yes it feels very good to get to this point. John, I would like to come up and see your plane as well. When I get to the point where I'm ready for a detailed inspection, it would be great if you could come down and look things over as an extra set of eyes.

Eddie, yep, it is a 20 ft auto hauler. Just so happened that the guy in the hanger about 4 hangers down from us had this trailer and was willing to help move the plane. It is a dual axle trailer and it rode great. The plane didn't budge an inch during the 12 mile trek to the airport.

av8rps
12-06-2017, 08:12 PM
Looks great Eric! I can hardly wait to see pics of it all assembled. Nice paint job!

Paul

Mark
12-13-2017, 11:17 AM
Looks great, Eric! I've wondered how you were progressing. See you at the next fly-in?

ejoern
12-13-2017, 09:50 PM
Hi Mark,

Good to hear from you. Yes, I am hopeful that I will make the next fly-in. I still have a little way to go on the plane, then time for lots of training and then actually flying. Cant wait!

Eric

Cherrybark
12-14-2017, 09:39 PM
Congratulations on such an accomplishment. The paint job is beautiful and certainly something to be proud of. Looking forward to pictures from the hanger with wings and tail feathers installed.