PDA

View Full Version : firewall forward

Flybyjim
10-19-2017, 05:12 AM
At what point did you find you wanted/needed to have the firewall forward kit? I have the wings ready to cover, tail surfaces all mounted, set and ready to cover. Fuselage controls are in, I am working on the seat installation now. I have not run the rudder cables yet, no panel work started, the panel will be old school I think. I like the Garman G3X but I am so comfortable with round things to look at but would like to add an AOA system. I have not yet compared costs of both ways. Gear is not yet on. I have the means to purchase the firewall forward now but I don't want this stuff any sooner than needed.

neville
10-19-2017, 07:32 AM
when you decide what engine you are going to install, or when the money appears.

jiott
10-19-2017, 09:05 AM
If you want to wait as long as possible, just read ahead in the build manual and you will see how much you can do until you run out of things to work on. Then check with Kitfox as to the lead time + shipping for the FWF kit and you will arrive at the latest possible order date.

Esser
10-19-2017, 12:03 PM
I ordered mine jus before covering. I wanted my cowl done before painting.

maxpayne
10-20-2017, 08:14 AM
At what point did you find you wanted/needed to have the firewall forward kit? I have the wings ready to cover, tail surfaces all mounted, set and ready to cover. Fuselage controls are in, I am working on the seat installation now. I have not run the rudder cables yet, no panel work started, the panel will be old school I think. I like the Garman G3X but I am so comfortable with round things to look at but would like to add an AOA system. I have not yet compared costs of both ways. Gear is not yet on. I have the means to purchase the firewall forward now but I don't want this stuff any sooner than needed.

I don't know what engine you are looking for, but I have a never ran 582 fwf

Flybyjim
10-20-2017, 06:00 PM
I am going with a 912 carb.