PDA

View Full Version : Which brake master cylinders?

DanB
09-12-2009, 08:09 PM
I recently set the firewall on my model IV and noticed that the master cylinders that came with my kit will not work. The ones I have are Cleveland 10-88's (I know...what left field did those come out of?). The fittings come out the front and I need what the industry calls inline style (fittings at the sides). Mine cannot turn 90 degrees. So, it looks like I need to make a different purchase. The question I have is which ones should I look at getting? I know many of you received Matcos w/ your kits and know they are performing well. I have been around long enough to also know there have been a few problems with them...leaking if I recall. So what works well? I know the Matcos can be fit in there like I need, but has anyone purchased the Grove or anything else for this purpose? I'm also trying to determine if I need the 7" or 7.5" (from hole to hole) for the standard brake setup on a Model 4. Any info from those who have gone b-4 would be appreciated.
Thanks.

David McCormick
09-22-2009, 04:03 PM
My Classic IV has the Cleveland 10-88 I know the P/N because I have been looking for another set for a duel setup. I don't know why they won't work for you but if you want to part w/them I'm intersted.

DanB
09-22-2009, 08:53 PM
Dave,
Interesting to hear the 10-88s are what once were sent w/ the kit. The difference we probably have is I did not use the stock firewall. I have a one piece firewall that is a little different. It wraps up under the belly a bit for more protection. I was able to locate some other Cleavelands that could turn sideways and traded mine for em.