PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Brake Cylinders 10-88, where to buy

Maverick
09-16-2017, 11:22 AM
I bought a series 5 kit that only had two brake cylinders. I bought the additional rudder pedals from Kitfox but I can't seem to locate a source for two more brake cylinders. I've looked on Aircraft S&S, Parker.com, and neither seems to carry them or even provide any info on them. Do you know of a source?

Dave S
09-17-2017, 01:43 PM
Maverick,

If these seem to be unavailable - might double check with Kitfox to see what they recommend. I am pretty sure Kitfox should have a solution for this predicament.

Our S7, which is a very similar basic airframe to your 5, uses Matco master cylinders which come in a number of configurations. Might be worth a call to them to see if they have an equivalent master cylinder for the application which will work on the 5. http://www.matcomfg.com/

I really think the first choice would be to discuss with Kitfox.

Maverick
09-22-2017, 05:01 PM
thanks, Dave

Maverick
09-22-2017, 05:06 PM
I have a message into Debra at KF but, while I'm waiting, would anyone share the Matco cylinder model number being used on the latest Kitfox?

jdmcbean
09-23-2017, 07:52 AM
We use Grove cylinders on the latest model not the Matco Cylinders. The Matco's are less expensive then the Grove.. We may have some in stock..