PDA

View Full Version : high oil temps and pressure

mr bill
09-13-2017, 02:00 PM
I have a 912 ULS. While flying last evening, oil temperature (230 F) and pressure (75 psi) both went to the top of the green and upon landing the oil pressure began fluctuating, but stayed within the green. CHT stayed in the middle of the green (205 F) all the while. All three temperatures normally stay in the middle of the green. Any ideas?

Norm
09-13-2017, 03:41 PM
I have a 912 ULS. While flying last evening, oil temperature (230 F) and pressure (75 psi) both went to the top of the green and upon landing the oil pressure began fluctuating, but stayed within the green. CHT stayed in the middle of the green (205 F) all the while. All three temperatures normally stay in the middle of the green. Any ideas?

Check ground connections first. May be false readings.

mr bill
09-13-2017, 05:58 PM
Will do. Seems odd that they would both go high. Just got home from flying for another hour and the same thing happened by the end of the hour. After landing, both returned to the middle of the green.

Wheels
09-15-2017, 12:48 PM
HI Mr Bill,
I don't fly a ULS, I fly a UL. But, that said, My neighbor's ULS was fluctuating and we looked at the ball and spring assembly in the lube pump per the Rotax Owner.com video on the same.
We found a small piece of PLASTIC from the oil cap ring on an oil bottle had come off during his last oil change and been poured into the engine oil reservoir. the plastic part made it all the way to the ball and spring assembly of the pump. We cleaned the ball and spring assembly and reinstalled it. Problem solved. He now uses a filtered funnel during servicing.
Just a thought.

mr bill
09-15-2017, 04:44 PM
I am doing an oil /filter change tomorrow and will check that. I do have the latest screw plug, spring and plunger.

Thank you and Norm

Bill