PDA

View Full Version : So Happy!

beeryboats
09-06-2017, 06:04 PM
Tonight I got the passenger side window replaced in the door and the fit was perfect. Almost too tight. I may still trim some. But as I was stuck in the barn due to a heavy rain, I decided to install the battery. To my amazement everything works! Nav lights, strobes, and even the radios lit up to my delight. I've never flown an airplane with so much electronic stuff. It even has a transponder and an electric starter! I'm used to open cockpits and hand propping to start.
Jay

jmodguy
09-06-2017, 06:25 PM
TWo thumbs up! Congrats on keeping the magic smoke in!

efwd
09-06-2017, 07:00 PM
Nice Jay! thats a milestone.
Eddie

rv9ralph
09-06-2017, 09:39 PM
Powering up and seeing everything work is like seeing a lit tree on Christmas morning. It gives you a warm feeling all over!

Ralph

beeryboats
09-07-2017, 05:38 PM
Powering up and seeing everything work is like seeing a lit tree on Christmas morning. It gives you a warm feeling all over!

Ralph

We were in Livermore last Sunday. The smoke was so bad, and the heat. Yuck! I can't believe how much it has grown in the 20 years we've been gone.
Jay

beeryboats
09-07-2017, 05:40 PM
More progress tonight. Now both doors have new "glass". Mount the elt and run in the engine and I'm ready for an A&P to do my condition inspection.