PDA

View Full Version : Dynon Quick Panel?

aviator79
08-23-2017, 01:48 PM
It has crept into Dynon's Quick Panel advertisements that they offer Quick Panels for the Kitfox. While their website and literature show plenty of examples for various RV's, Carbon Cubs and Sportsman aircraft, there are no images, examples, or pricing information for Kitfox. Has anyone seen or heard of a Quick Panel install on a Kitfox? My back-of-the-envelope calculation shows that a Quick Panel is about a 25% premium over DIY, or about $3k in absolute terms for a single EFIS VFR setup. That buys you a complete, professionally engineered panel and substantially simplified wiring if you believe the literature. Worth it?

AirFox
08-24-2017, 05:23 AM
I'm pretty sure Advanced Flight Systems builds the quick panels for Dynon. They are really honest and helpful. Just give them a call and ask.

Scott

Flienlow
01-06-2018, 09:26 AM
I'm pretty sure Advanced Flight Systems builds the quick panels for Dynon. They are really honest and helpful. Just give them a call and ask.

Scott

Per a recent visit to Dynon, I believe they now own AFS.

AirFox
01-06-2018, 10:02 AM
Per a recent visit to Dynon, I believe they now own AFS.
Dynon owns part of AFS. AFS really has some innovative features. If your looking at the Dynon EFIS I would highly recommend looking at AFS Efis too.

Scott

SomeDay7
02-03-2018, 12:23 PM
A while back I had seen the owner of AFS take a ride in a Kitfox and enjoyed it so much he said he would like have one of these. Has the quick panel option been confirmed? I really don't see it on their site. Seems like a nice option for a speedy build.

jiott
02-03-2018, 04:25 PM
The quick panel is a confirmed option for either the AFS or the Skyview panel. They have an add on the inside front cover of EAA Sport Aviation that confirms this.

aviator79
02-03-2018, 07:08 PM
I called them many weeks ago and confirmed they can do a quick panel for a series 7. They said the lead time is about 12 weeks.

SomeDay7
02-03-2018, 09:18 PM
Certainly would be a nice option having those electronic breakers and switching all tied in and ready to go