PDA

View Full Version : CFI with Kitfox Time Needed

alienwes
08-22-2017, 02:11 PM
Insurance requires 2 hours of dual and 1 hour of solo. Im in Roswell NM and am looking for suggestions for a CFI in NM or the neighboring states. Maybe TX, CO, or AZ? Policy states they need time in a Kitfox to transition me. Its a Kitfox IV with a rotax 912. Any suggestions or leads?
Wes

DesertFox4
08-22-2017, 02:56 PM
If Phoenix is not out of the question we have a very qualified TeamKitfox.com member in Glendale, AZ who happens to own a model 4 Speedster with a 912 80hp. Click on his username and it will take you to his personal page with links to contact him. Tell him DesertFox4 sent you.

DesertFox6 (http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/member.php?u=1601)

alienwes
08-22-2017, 06:38 PM
Thanks! I will definitely check into him and let him know you sent me. The insurance companies have been telling me its one of two options. Train with my current CFI in the Kitfox to get time some time in make and model and then get insurance. Or find one with Kitfox time and have insurance from the start of training. I guess it comes down to whether I want to risk going without to get a little better rates and not traveling for training.

I know some pilots opt not to carry insurance, makes me wonder if their are alot of Kitfox owners who opt not to carry insurance?

Wes

GuppyWN
08-22-2017, 06:41 PM
Come to Boise and fly with Stick and Rudder.

Not the cheapest solution but I guarantee you'd fly to some places you'd never forget.

alienwes
08-22-2017, 06:51 PM
I bet! I almost took a job in Boise right after I got out of the Air Force. Ended up going to Farmington NM for the fly fishing on the San Juan. New Mexico has some pretty cool places too!

I was thinking of Stick and Rudder and I wish I could do it. But I have a 5 and 7 year old boys who dont want me away for too long!

Wes

beeryboats
08-24-2017, 04:34 PM
I'm looking for one in Indiana...
Jay

southwind32
08-25-2017, 07:44 PM
I bet! I almost took a job in Boise right after I got out of the Air Force. Ended up going to Farmington NM for the fly fishing on the San Juan. New Mexico has some pretty cool places too!

I was thinking of Stick and Rudder and I wish I could do it. But I have a 5 and 7 year old boys who dont want me away for too long!

Wes

I believe the gentleman at Stick and Rudder will travel to you for instruction. Might check, have you checked with Debra at kitfox to see if she knows of an instructor near you?

Jaguar56
08-25-2017, 09:20 PM
Contact John Halterman in Dallas. http://www.halt-av.com I just went through the same thing for insurance. He came to me in Lakeway, TX in his Kitfox. Great guy and a good bet for Kitfox training.

efwd
08-26-2017, 12:26 AM
Stick n Rudder will come to you. Even bring a plane if necessary. But you have one so you just need to cover his meals, rental car and some food allowances. It is pretty much laid out on the web site. Unfortunately, I don't have an airplane to train in so I will be renting a car, putting myself up in a hotel and feeding my own belly in Idaho next year. I can't afford to have him bring a plane to me.