PDA

View Full Version : Turtle deck spacer

Dorsal
09-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Need a little help (actually allot but that goes beyond this group). My 7 came with the AL+plexi TD, I have since purchased the full lexan TD from KF and am now ready to assemble the windshield angle bracket. The spacer piece that came with my original kit is very thin AL, I assume I need a thicker spacer that is comparable to the thickness of the new TD. If someone knows the dimensions of the spacer for the lexan TD as supplied with the current SS I would greatly appreciate it.

Dick B in KY
09-07-2009, 05:00 PM
I assume you are talking about the spacer that is mounted to the rear spar (called a skylite angle) for the aft windshield and turtledeck overlap. If so, the one on my Super Sport is about .025 - .030 thick and attached to the aft spar with structural adhesive. Hope this helps.

Dick B

Dorsal
09-07-2009, 05:25 PM
Dick,
Thanks, sorry I meant skylight angle bracket not windshield. The spacer I am talking about sits on top of the Skylight angle and I thought creates a gap for the Turtle Deck to slip into. Given the lexan TD is 1/8 thick I thought the spacer might be the same size. (do you have the one piece lexan deck?)

Mark
09-08-2009, 07:29 AM
Dorsal,
The spacer that comes with the lexan TD is made of the same lexan material and is the same ht x wdth of the metal spacer. It's usually in the kit with the turtle deck.

Dick B in KY
09-08-2009, 07:34 AM
Yes, I have the one piece deck. You are correct, the spacer is .188 thick by 5/8" wide by 36" long. Glad to help.

Dick B

Dorsal
09-08-2009, 08:54 AM
Just what I needed, thanks all.