PDA

View Full Version : Protective coating removal

Iain Donnelly
07-21-2017, 03:09 AM
Hi out there,
I'm trying to remove the plastic film on my KF iv flaperons, i,ve tried mek,ammonia,heat, and more can any of you help.
Thanks, Iain Scotland UK

896tr
07-21-2017, 09:47 AM
Iain, I used a gel type paint remover with a plastic scraper as recommended by Debra at Kitfox. (She can deny that and I would back her up, we don't need any liability issues popping up. But that is what I used.) Brush it on and wait awhile for it to work. It wrinkled the plastic wrap and then was removable with the plastic scraper. Don't do it in your living room while your watching TV, don't ask how I know.:rolleyes:

avidflyer
07-21-2017, 11:26 AM
I also used a gel type paint remover on flaperons that were over 15 years old. Tried bunches of other stuff first. JImChuk

Iain Donnelly
07-21-2017, 01:27 PM
Iain, I used a gel type paint remover with a plastic scraper as recommended by Debra at Kitfox. (She can deny that and I would back her up, we don't need any liability issues popping up. But that is what I used.) Brush it on and wait awhile for it to work. It wrinkled the plastic wrap and then was removable with the plastic scraper. Don't do it in your living room while your watching TV, don't ask how I know.:rolleyes:

Many thanks, I'll try nitromors or silmiliar we are having good weather here so I'll do it outside and let you know how I get on.
Thanks

Iain Donnelly
07-21-2017, 01:29 PM
I also used a gel type paint remover on flaperons that were over 15 years old. Tried bunches of other stuff first. JImChuk

Hi Jim, I'll try nitromors a gel type stripper and let you know how I get on.

Iain