PDA

View Full Version : Vertical Power Wire Harness Kit

Esser
06-22-2017, 08:53 AM
Has anyone used the Vertical Power electronic CBs? I think I may want to go this route for a whole slew of reasons. Anyone who has gone this way, pros and cons?

Also, has anyone used the Wire Harness Kit? Is it a good value? Or did you find it didn't have enough of what you needed or too much left over? I am a complete newb when it comes to this stuff without any guiding hands around.

The kit list is at this link:

http://verticalpower.com/_images/_lightbox/_listofcontent/wh_vpxsport.png

efwd
06-23-2017, 05:22 AM
Good morning Josh
Hope your not like me and use Apple products. Between my Garmin stuff and my Vertical Power XP I have to go purchase a PC too in order to program the stuff. Didn't see that expense coming. I suppose I could borrow someone's lap top but who can do without their computer for a few days? Haven't installed yet and I have my cables being made at Aircraft Spruce so can't really help with the questions.
Eddie

Agfoxflyer
06-23-2017, 06:39 AM
Didn't use it on my Kitfox, but we used it on my brothers RV-10. Like the system a lot. Was leary in the beginning but glad we used it. After the short learning curve works great. Don't remember any issues with wiring.

Esser
06-23-2017, 10:06 AM
Yeah I am kind of torn. For the price it seems like good value for a modern system and I have an EFIS anyway. But since I want to wire my two fuel pumps and EFI ECU to be redundant with breakers I am wondering if I should just wire the whole thing traditional...

I am all Apple but my wife has a PC