PDA

View Full Version : bush gear

flymadmike
06-11-2017, 09:13 AM
hi everyone, I have a kf mk3 and was looking to fit bush gear like the Highwing llc setup but on checking the kf parts page I see it is only listed there as being for mk4 and onwards, can it be fitted to mk3,glad of any info,also does anyone have a phone number or email address for Lowell Fitt as can't find one anywhere.

cheers mike

tommg13780
06-11-2017, 09:36 AM
Mike,
I put model 4 bungee gear on a model 2 with no alterations at all. The difference was approximately 4" taller. I've also had Grove gear on the model 2 same results, mounting blocks fit fine.
Tom

flymadmike
06-11-2017, 09:45 AM
thanks tommy but really want to find out about the bush gear using same wheels axles and brakes, cheers mike

Monocock
06-11-2017, 10:51 PM
Mike

I can't see any reason why not, although the LAA will need to be contacted about the MOD process, as I don't believe there are any in the UK with that gear on. Even if there is, a repeat MOD will need to be applied for. Not onerous, but worth mentioning.

Have you contacted the McBeans to ask them about it? John will give you an answer there and then over the phone.

The Mk 3 has the same number of lugs for gear mounting as the 4, so I can't see it would be an issue.

Out of interest, have you considered the Grove gear too?

I'm interested that Tom has managed to instal Grove gear onto a Mk2, as they don't have the mounting lug that's needed.

Dusty
06-11-2017, 10:57 PM
I have swapped a Highwing bush gear off my 3 onto my 4,it is a straight swap over,Lowell is building me a replacement,he is a craftsman builder:cool:
I also used my original 8" wheels/brakes as a direct swap over.

flymadmike
06-18-2017, 12:05 AM
thanks for the info , by the way monocock where in the uk are you ? cheers mike

Monocock
06-18-2017, 12:53 AM
Berkshire. :)

Where are you?

flymadmike
06-18-2017, 04:52 AM
hi I'm at welshpool at present think the LAA might be the stubbling block on this, oh to be in the states

efwd
06-18-2017, 06:55 AM
Hold onto that wish. Privatization of the air traffic control may be looming. Not to mention all the other fun media adventures we are all enduring around here.
You may have it good over there.
Eddie ;)

Monocock
06-18-2017, 10:36 PM
Mike

I can wholly recommend the Grove set up. I've had it on three KF's, and it's superb. It's a simple installation and just a case of applying for a repeat MOD from the LAA. If you wanted, I'd happily fly up and give you a hand to instal it too. :-). You're only about an hour away from me by air.

Esser
06-19-2017, 01:01 PM
Hold onto that wish. Privatization of the air traffic control may be looming. Not to mention all the other fun media adventures we are all enduring around here.
You may have it good over there.
Eddie ;)

Privatization can be great if done properly.

Paul Z
06-19-2017, 03:33 PM
I don't want to get Political, but do you really believe the government can do anything right? They always sell out for Political Agendas.

Esser
06-19-2017, 03:55 PM
Government can't ussually do things as good no matter what side of the spectrum you are on.

NAV Canada has had rate reductions for the last 10 years. Costs have gone down not up. The last one was in September and was for a whopping 8%. Also, technology moves at a much faster pace since government ussually bids to change an entire system at once where NAV Canada builds everything in house, tests it on small area, improves it, and then rolls it out to other centres etc.

This also lets us invest in new technologies such as space based ADS-B. NAV Canada owns 51% of Aireon which is the company that is putting ADS-B on every iridium next gen satellite so that there is world surveillance coverage. This allows for higher separation standards so that planes over the ocean can run much closer standards making routes more efficient and saving airlines literally billions in fuel.

None of this stuff would happen in a government organization. It was rolled out properly as a not for profit corp with airline, union, GA, and government seats on the board.

And just so everyone knows, a small private plane owners pay a flat rate of around $70 a year regardless of how much you fly for all the services.

Slyfox
06-19-2017, 04:47 PM
ok guys. I don't think this is going anywhere. WHY? every pres that's come in has tried to get user fees, has NOT happened, gets turned down. so don't fret. go fly and be happy.