PDA

View Full Version : Old School is Still Cool

jdmcbean
05-13-2017, 07:31 PM
Here's the latest from Stick & Rudder as well... in case you haven't seen it.

"Old School is Still Cool" (https://youtu.be/QxmZMV52-9k)

Kitfox-specific, Mountain-oriented, Tailwheel, and Pilot License Training.
Adventure Travel - offering "Backcountry Training Tours"
Circuitous loops through the Idaho Backcountry - Mastering airstrips by day, a different Wilderness Ranch each night

SkySteve
05-13-2017, 08:59 PM
Another great video!

David47
05-14-2017, 07:36 AM
I was considering coming over to Stick and Rudder July next year to do some Kitfox familiarisation. I'm not considering it anymore. I'm arranging it. What Paul Leaderbrand said in the video was exactly what I was looking for as I hope to do my own test flying. Great video showing a great service to Kitfox owners and builders.

efwd
05-14-2017, 02:42 PM
David, I caught that as well. I have flown with them for the familiarization and enjoyed it immensely and have every intention of having my biannual (should say my Bi-decade) with them. Hearing him state that they aim to get us up to speed to do the first flight was golden. I really want to build and test my own. The test flights are a huge learning endeavor in my opinion. Im looking forward to it.
Eddie

David47
05-14-2017, 06:04 PM
Yep, like you Eddie, I want to flight test what I've built. The thought of handing over a new aircraft to someone else to flight test it, after having spent 1000+ hours building it .... I just can't do that. Defeats a big part of the reason, I think, we all take on the build.

How long in advance did you have to book your time for Stick and Rudder ?.

efwd
05-14-2017, 08:41 PM
Well, I made my flight without regard to season. It was November which is after the rush. Weather turns sour about that time of year and I got rained out the first day so I had to drive to the factory for the tour. On the second day the weather opened up enough to fly around Boise and even out by the factory but I didn't get to do any back country stuff as I had hoped since the snow and fog was hindering the trip. I know that they are really busy the six months prior to my trip.
Eddie

David47
05-14-2017, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I'll get in early and book some time real soon.