PDA

View Full Version : New BasicMedical Course

jeffbock
05-10-2017, 04:07 PM
Just a heads up for anyone pondering going with the new BasicMed in lieu of the visit to an AME.
The one glitch I came up with was taking the online course and exam. After finishing the exam it is necessary to have the name, address, etc. of the Doc that gave you the exam to input on the form prior to printing your certificate.
Either call your Doc first to get the info, or take the physical exam prior to taking the online course. Going to your Doc will be giving you the info you need to input on the online course.
Thinking about the higher gross weight on your KitFox? Then BasicMed. JeffB

dcsfoto
05-10-2017, 06:45 PM
about 10 of us in my area have done BasicMed
do the course, then exam then go back and fill id the Dr info to print certificate

works great

Kitfox Guy
05-27-2017, 06:13 PM
It seems there is significant demand for the new BasicMed. I had my BasicMed Physical exam on May 8, 2017. Prior to my appointment I emailed a copy of AOPA's Physcian Guildelines article to my Family Physcian as I was concerned he might not be familiar with the new FAA Program. When I showed up for the exam my Doctor told me he had already performed eight BasicMed exams in the first week of the program. This should result in a significant increase in our pilot population.