PDA

View Full Version : US Flight Expo May 3rd - May 6th Marana,AZ

DesertFox4
05-04-2017, 04:16 PM
Manning the Kitfox booth at Marana Regional for the first US Flight Expo.
Setting up the booth before gates open.
Beautiful morning in Marana.

Flight down to Marana this morning was smooth and scenery nice.

Thanks to Bill Prokes for the use of his sweet Modle 7 Super Sport.
Lots of very kind accolades about build quality and paint work.

Anyone from Tucson or Phoenix area are reminded this runs Friday and Saturday yet. Check their website for notams about temp. control tower. Easy to get in here so stop by. Thanks to Russ Hildebrand and Bob Miller for stopping by and visiting today. Will get to spend Friday evning at Bob's home looking over his Vixen project. Thanks Bob.

jrevens
05-04-2017, 10:35 PM
Man, those are some fancy looking doors on Bill's airplane!

efwd
05-05-2017, 06:52 AM
At least with those doors he probably doesn't have people see pics of it and say
"it doesn't have doors"? Man, I have had to answer that question a bunch when I show pics of SS7's to people.
Miss flying around those deserts. Not much longer though. :)
Eddie

DesertFox4
05-05-2017, 09:54 AM
The doors are all carbon fiber even down to the hinges.
Very lite weight.

efwd
05-05-2017, 12:02 PM
The talent of some people just drives me nuts!

LSaupe
05-06-2017, 07:29 AM
Very impressive!

mbuckner
05-06-2017, 04:30 PM
Hello,

Flew down this morning in my son-in-laws' Cessna 182 ... sadley did not find a Kitfox at the Expo ...

Maybe I'll ge to touch/see one at another Expo.

Best regards,

Mike

DesertFox4
05-06-2017, 05:18 PM
Called the last day Mike. Forecast was for winds over 35 mph all day. Had about 20 people thru total for the previous 3 days.
Will send you a private message and maybe we can arrange a meeting so you see one or more up close.

Tim_AZ
05-06-2017, 09:01 PM
Called the last day Mike. Forecast was for winds over 35 mph all day. Had about 20 people thru total for the previous 3 days.
Will send you a private message and maybe we can arrange a meeting so you see one or more up close.

I'm glad I came up when I did. I have a feeling this will be the last US Flight Expo. Thanks for the tour Steve. Considering that was the first Kitfox I've ever encountered I'm definitely leaning towards building one.

DesertFox4
05-06-2017, 09:49 PM
Tim, great visiting with you. Hope you join the Kitfox family as soon as you are able. You'll never regret it. Thanks so much for attending.:)

About your comment abot the US Flight Expo, I hate to but may have to agree. Great intentions do not replace purposeful planning. This good idea to initiate a Sebring West type show should in theory work. With our population numbers and usually reliable weather this would add up to a winning program. Seems the weather was out to inflict a kill shot along with little pre-promotion. Lots of venders went the distance financially to support this venue. Thank you Kitfox Aircraft for participating fully and to the wonderful folks who made efforts to attend and support this venture. The promoters seem like really good aviation loving people and are justly proud of the Marana/Tucson area. We personally love flying into this area as often as possible air show or not.

Personally I would have loved to stay the full four days but will not risk damaging a good friends beloved Kitfox to unsettled weather forecasts. Friday afternoon we had 50 plus mph gusts that did in fact damage an aircraft just down the row from the Kitfox booth. Luckily the on loan Kitfox 7SS tied down in front of the booth escaped unscathed.
Appologies to anyone that made the trip down today and found the Kitfox tent unmanned. That was entirely my call. Let me know when I can arrange a show-and-tell and maybe more for any locals that wanted to see a beautiful Kitfox up close and personal. We'll make it happen.
I did make my home phone number available to mbuckner to arrange a meeting to see some pretty special aircraft but received no call yet. Hopefully he will contact me soon.:)

mbuckner
05-06-2017, 10:11 PM
We left Pegasus Airpark (Queen Creek) around 0800 and had a slight breeze.

On the way down there were a few bumps and we landed on the main runway. It seems just as we tied down the wind picked up. So we made our way over to the main tent and checked it out. After touring what LSA products that were still an the Expo we went to breakfast over at the cafe (good meal).

When we came back to the Expo the wind had really picked up, so much that landings and departures were moved to runway 21.

I hope the Expo gets another chance next year.

Mike