PDA

View Full Version : First Video and introduction!

cirrusjetpilot
04-12-2017, 03:16 PM
Hey folks!

I have spoke with some of you privately but have never formerly introduced myself. I have been fortunate enough to find a really amazing Model 5 last November and have been spending a good amount of time trying to get myself comfortable with her.

I spent a good amount of time with Paul Leadabrand from Stick & Rudder getting myself familiar with the Kitfox. Needless to say, his instruction was excellent and I was able to gather a lot of information to build up my confidence.

I have previously owned a Cirrus SR-22TN and it has been an incredible journey transitioning from that to the Kitfox. For the most part, I feel that I am actually experience aviation the proper way, enjoying the scenery while flying instead of pushing buttons inside the clouds.

Here's a video I took flying with my 11 year old boy over California.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFn2nbMPf3g&t=3s

Cheers
ALex

DesertFox4
04-12-2017, 04:39 PM
Welcome aboard Alex. Great video, thanks for sharing and that smoke system works great.:)

Spent some hours on cross country flights with that Kitfox and its builders. It is a beautifully built Kitfox. Looks like it found a good home. Good move getting some extra training with S & R.
Enjoy every flight.

David McCormick
04-12-2017, 04:57 PM
Hey folks!

I have spoke with some of you privately but have never formerly introduced myself. I have been fortunate enough to find a really amazing Model 5 last November and have been spending a good amount of time trying to get myself comfortable with her.

I spent a good amount of time with Paul Leadabrand from Stick & Rudder getting myself familiar with the Kitfox. Needless to say, his instruction was excellent and I was able to gather a lot of information to build up my confidence.

I have previously owned a Cirrus SR-22TN and it has been an incredible journey transitioning from that to the Kitfox. For the most part, I feel that I am actually experience aviation the proper way, enjoying the scenery while flying instead of pushing buttons inside the clouds.

Here's a video I took flying with my 11 year old boy over California.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFn2nbMPf3g&t=3s

Cheers
ALex

That was Fun video, the most fun Kitfox flying I do is sharing with kids & seeing there reaction!

Floog
04-12-2017, 07:18 PM
Welcome, Alex! And very cool video. I had a smile on my face the whole time. It sure appears you've found the ultimate flying experience. Thanks for sharing it!

(Scott you need to do one like that with Clair:)

efwd
04-12-2017, 10:01 PM
Welcome Alex! I agree, that smoke system is working very well. Wish I had mine finished for my boys. At least it should be done before my oldest hits 11th grade.
Eddie

colospace
04-13-2017, 07:42 AM
Awesome, Alex. I so look forward to flying my Kitfox with my grandkids (although hopefully before they are 11).

cirrusjetpilot
04-13-2017, 11:33 AM
I will make a post of the smoke system so people can use as reference in the future. It is actually a simple process once one spend several hours online searching for the right equipment.

Alex

jiott
04-13-2017, 03:13 PM
Yes do that Alex. I am interested in the details of your smoke system.

efwd
04-13-2017, 04:14 PM
I see more wt as well as money but Im still interested as well.

Flybyjim
04-13-2017, 06:55 PM
Very nice presentation of your flight. How many camera's do you have mounted and are they all running at the same time, is the final video edited?

cirrusjetpilot
04-13-2017, 11:07 PM
Very nice presentation of your flight. How many camera's do you have mounted and are they all running at the same time, is the final video edited?

This flight had 3 cameras rolling. Yes, they are all filming at the same time. I edit them with Premiere Pro using the multi camera function. All you need to do is click the camera you want, just keep toggling the cameras and put some music.

Takes few tries to understand but it is not terribly difficult. You guys all build planes and requires a lot more qualities. Video editing is for the less gifted individual like me.

Alex

jrevens
04-13-2017, 11:50 PM
The video was great, Alex. Your interaction with your son and his excitement just brought a big smile to my face! Made me feel good... thank you.

Guy Buchanan
04-14-2017, 11:00 AM
Yes this is related.

Those of you who've flown with me know I'm the last guy to complain about low flight, but I was wondering, has anybody seen an enforcement of obvious altitude violations posted to YouTube videos? I confess that thought keeps me from posting similar content.

David47
04-15-2017, 03:23 PM
Guy, that's the very question that goes through my head every time I see great footage like this. I also like low but would be interested to know if anyone's been hauled over the coals by the regulator. Would be a pity because that'd stop people from posting.

Danzer1
04-15-2017, 04:58 PM
I guess I for one don't see where the issue would be! There is no minimum altitude over sparsely populated area's or over open water! The only requirement in that case is - no closer than 500 feet to any person, vessel, vehicle, or structure.

The agl requirements is 1000' over congested area's and 500' over "other than congested area's" except over open water and/or sparsely populated area's.

Go fly - have fun!