PDA

View Full Version : water temp gauge wiring

Flyin Farmer
03-14-2017, 05:23 PM
About to start some more panel wiring on my model III project I have a used water temp gauge with 3 leads on it, a green, red and a black. Green being ground, red I am thinking is power and black will go to the sensor,Does this sound correct? Thanks.

SoaringVA
03-17-2017, 05:52 AM
Note sure if this helps, but the diagram in our manual references numbers. My thought from working on Yamaha outboards is that green would be sensor and black would be ground.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/102798/1827569/yS3N3Vd6XzUceaC/wiring_diagram_001.png

Bud Davidson
04-01-2017, 06:44 PM
This may only confuse things, but I am installing a coolant temp gauge separate from the water temp gauge part of my quad guage setup. This because what the quad guage is reading is the cylinder head sensor which gives higher readings than coolant.

The water temp guage I have is from falcon. It has three pins on the back. They're numbered 2, 4 and 5. 2 is black going to 12 vdc source. 4 is green going to ground. 5 is red to the sensor.

Does anyone know a sensor that can be readily inserted in the coolant lines somewhere?? Most I have found are threaded for insert into a block or cylinder head.
Or, is there a place for a threaded sensor on a Rotax 912?? My online searches so far have not disclosed what I might do on this.

Bud

Dick B in KY
04-02-2017, 07:55 AM
Check with LEAF(Leading Edge AirFoils). They have an adapter that goes in the radiator line with a fitting for water temp probe. Used on my 912 ULS SS7.

Dick B

avidflyer
04-02-2017, 10:24 AM
I found this at LEAF's online catalog. Not cheap. JImChuk
https://www.leadingedgeairfoils.com/1-inline-adapter-welded-aluminum.html

Bud Davidson
04-02-2017, 04:13 PM
If the radiator hose is an acceptable location for sending coolant temp, I can insert a brass fitting tee threaded npt that will cost a lot less.. But thanks for the idea. I keep forgetting about LEAF.
Bud