PDA

View Full Version : Gathering at Fly ins

Bud Davidson
12-07-2016, 05:47 PM
Sorry to be approaching this in this manner.
I have been reviewing the discussions for the past year and have found them very useful. I have a KF IV 1200 project powered by 912.
Previous homebuilt was plans built and one of a kind, like the Bearhawk but preceded it by several years. Had no group.
I notice several refer to going to Sun n Fun. Is there an established time and or place where KF folks gather??
Bud

ken nougaret
12-08-2016, 10:01 AM
Hello Bud,
I'm in Zephyrhills and my wife and I camp at SnF every year. I have not been very successful at finding too many KF's there. I did meet Jimmy Miller from the forum there and Tom Wade and plan to see them again next year. And there were a couple others sporadically. But it seems there are more KF's in Florida as time goes on.
Keep in touch so we can get together. Ken

ken nougaret
12-08-2016, 10:44 AM
And Louie is in zhills with his model 3.

jiott
12-08-2016, 11:58 AM
By far the best place to meet up with other Kitfoxers is the Kitfox Factory Flyin every two years around Labor Day-2017 will be a flyin. Usually about 20 or so in attendance with lots of fun, conversation and a flyout. There are usually several people there who are still building or just interested.

Bud Davidson
12-08-2016, 05:47 PM
Ken N,
I have been a SnF volunteer for 28 yrs and may be able to use my contacts to set something up for KF devotees.

After the holidays I would like to get with you. I travel to Lakeland down 741 past Zephyr Hills frequently.

I am daily on email at Bud.davidson@gmail.com.

Bud

Bud Davidson
01-19-2017, 09:19 AM
Kitfox devotees,
Is anyone going to the Sebring Expo ??
I will be looking for a Kitfox There as well as consulting with the Lockwood folks regarding my Rotax 912.
Would appreciate meeting some Kitfox owner/pilots.
Bud

Av8r3400
01-19-2017, 09:54 AM
Airventure (Oshkosh) is also a very good opportunity to get together and meet other Kitfox enthusiasts. There has been, for the last couple years, a gathering during the week for us Kitfoxers. (This will happen again in 2017, stay tuned. :) )

bholland
01-19-2017, 07:26 PM
I am planning being there Friday or Saturday. I am about 400hrs into the build of a 7.

Brett

cirrusjetpilot
01-19-2017, 07:39 PM
Airventure (Oshkosh) is also a very good opportunity to get together and meet other Kitfox enthusiasts.

Is there a designated area where most Kitfoxes stay/park at OSH?

Av8r3400
01-19-2017, 08:55 PM
Is there a designated area where most Kitfoxes stay/park at OSH?

Unfortunately, no. I park at the ultralight field. (I volunteer and camp down there) Many park in homebuilt camping or in the homebuilt display area, too. So the planes are kind of scattered around the field.

That's why our gathering is really catching on. I host a dinner/meet-n-greet usually Friday afternoon at my campsite by the ultralight field, then we go watch the guys do the STOL demos.

Bud Davidson
01-20-2017, 09:10 AM
Holland,
I will be at Sebring late am Fri. Have a SnF board mtg thur and have to be back in Ocala sat. Call my cell if you get there Fri 863 221 8046
Ken N , if you go to Sebring give me a call... Hope you fly that pretty bluebird there.
Bud

ken nougaret
01-20-2017, 09:15 AM
Hi Bud, i wont make it friday, not sure about sat yet. Have fun!
Ken