PDA

View Full Version : Rebuild of IV Model

oldfox
11-19-2016, 08:50 PM
Look like I have the new winter project it is a model 4 KF that has had a hard landing the has replace the damage tubes and weld back . But I'm not sure if it is back to print dose anyone have the prints or datum's to check the air frame ?? Thanks

HighWing
11-21-2016, 07:18 PM
I have no official documents, but I live in a residential air park and my Model IV is 25 feet from where I am typing this. If you could send rough drawings.of the dimensions you are looking fore, I would be glad.to take.some measurements where possible -.fabric might get in the way at times.

Northof49
11-21-2016, 08:47 PM
Old fox
Mine has no fabric on it , if High Wing can't get
You the measurements because of access maybe I can .
Let me know .
Mike.

oldfox
11-22-2016, 04:43 AM
Thanks guys I will post some pictures of area Im trying to check back to. Have not had a lot of time to work on plane yet . Again Thanks for help

gregsgt
11-22-2016, 02:30 PM
I'm doing the exact same repair on my model IV right now. I've finally got all the new tubes cut and tacked in right now. I just have to double check measurements and finish weld it.

jmodguy
11-22-2016, 04:07 PM
http://metalgeek.com/static/cope.pcgi

Here is a handy website I have used. Made coping the tubing ends really easy (and fast)!

oldfox
11-23-2016, 11:18 AM
thanks for the tube end cut program works great !! and Gregsgt keep us updated on the rebuild of your plane some pictures would be great too. I will update you guys on mine as I get it repaired