PDA

View Full Version : December 2016 KOTM Olaf's Model 3

DesertFox4
11-15-2016, 08:31 AM
I received this possible submission for KOTM from Olaf. It came in a format a little different from all others and really caught my attention.

A great story of an early Kitfox lovingly built by it's first owner then it's owner becomes ill and the Kitfox patiently waits until Olaf found it and worked hard to get it back in the air where it belongs. No longer a "possible" submission, Olaf's model 3 takes it's rightful place in the KOTM family of honored Kitfox aircraft.

Congrats to Olaf on the salvation of a sweet little Kitfox. Enjoy every flight Olaf. Thanks for your submission for KOTM. Below is the YouTube link to his story and the brief note sent to me.

"Hi Steve,

I collect the pics from my Kitfox rebuilt (2012) and cut a video with the story about these kitfox.
Sometimes pics told more than words, have a look, may be it is something for KOTM!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUxK-Ui3KOw

Olle1975
Bonn/Germany
Kitfox III
Rotax 582
Kit delivered from Nampa Idaho 1991 - Build 1992-1993
Story and pics see the link below :-)

Greetings from Germany.

Olaf"

SkySteve
11-15-2016, 09:09 AM
Olaf,
What a great transformation! Thank you for restoring and giving new life to your plane. You not only did a great job, but your YouTube video is a great way to present your work and your love of flying. Way to go, Olaf, and congratulations on your Kitfox Of The Month achievement!

jrevens
11-15-2016, 11:09 AM
What a great story, well told, and a beautiful airplane! Thank you so much for sharing that with us, Olaf! Very nice!!

Spook712
11-15-2016, 12:14 PM
Congrats Olaf!!!

You can be my wingman anytime 😜😜

Check Six,
Tuna

Dick B in KY
11-16-2016, 07:12 PM
Great submission!! You should be proud of your work restoring , repairing and flying your aircraft. Looks great and congrats on Kitfox of the month.

Dick B

Olle1975
11-18-2016, 08:37 AM
Thank you very much at all :-)

I'm very happy to read your words. Till now I have 160 amazing hrs with my kitfox,
without any problems and in spite of the old engine. It makes so much fun and may
be this little video inspires another enthusiastic pilot to do the same job and let
an "old" kitfox fly again....

Thanks

Olaf

Cherrybark
11-29-2016, 07:33 AM
I really like the transformation from the original tricycle to a shiny red taildragger. Producing the video to tell the story, and including details of the original builder, was a was a wonderful idea.

Very nice job on both the restoration and the video.