PDA

View Full Version : dual oil pressure and temp gauge???

avidflyer
09-26-2016, 08:28 PM
I'm in the process of designing my new instrument panel for the Avid I'm rebuilding. It has a Jabiru engine. I'm looking for a dual oil temp/pressure gauge. Anyone have any suggestions where to look? Already looked at westac. I don't want to make the switch to an EIS system, but maybe would if I could find a good used one. Maybe this should be in a buying and selling section, but it's not meant to be just a want add. Looking for ideas and brands to research. Thanks, Jim Chuk

rv9ralph
09-26-2016, 09:49 PM
Look at MGL singles, the TP2 does just what you want. It is available in both 2 1/4 and 3 1/8

Ralph

Av8r3400
09-27-2016, 05:27 AM
Gran Rapids makes a vey good, expandable, engine monitoring system that won't break the bank.

http://grtavionics.com/eispackages.html

ohlhausenr
09-27-2016, 07:45 AM
I have the 2 1/4 MGL TP1 and it works great. They have several options to customize to your application.

avidflyer
09-27-2016, 08:24 AM
Thanks guys. I kind of like the MGL E1 now that I've looked at them. Sure would clean up the panel if I went with one of them and got rid of what it can replace. Anybody know of a good used one laying around, let me know. Thanks, JImChuk

HighWing
09-27-2016, 08:39 AM
Jim,
I wanted two entirely independent systems for the oil pressure, so made a manifold that could mount two oil pressure senders remotely. One sent to a pressure gauge, the other was an on off design that sent to a pair of LEDs. The Red indicates no pressure, and the green indicates pressure plus system functioning.