PDA

View Full Version : Roller Shades

jiott
09-20-2016, 09:17 AM
I would like to install a roller type sunshade in the roof of my SS7. I have seen a few of these things in other planes and in some photos on this forum. I would like the type that can be unrolled to various positions and then stuck in position with suction cups, etc. Those of you who are using one of these and are happy with it, how about posting who makes it and where you got it.

Kitfox Guy
09-20-2016, 10:12 AM
Go to Walmart.com, Amazon, or eBay and type in "car window shade". I use a stationary suction cup held shade on the ceiling of my KF as I never take it down. It gives a good deal of shade during those hot summer flights and I can see through it. It cost less than five dollars.

N981MS
09-21-2016, 12:00 PM
Not a roller shade but these things work great.

See the bottom of the page. http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=4938&highlight=super+jumbo

On rereading my post there I think I should clarify. Door open flight can dislodge the shade and create unnecessary excitement.

With the shade in place, the cabin feels more enclosed, like a Cessna.

Significant difference in cabin temperature. I will try to remember and measure it but I suspect at least 10-15 degrees F.