PDA

View Full Version : Garmin autopilot,Gm pitch and kf pitch?..

gizmos
09-20-2016, 09:13 AM
Using Garmin 305 autopilot with three Garmin sa28 servos. How do you use the Kitfox stab trim with Garmin pitch servo? I was going to set Garmin servo like others and put a seperate manual electric trim for the kf stab motor. I put a Ray Allen indicator on kf motor that shows location of stab. Help thanks

jrevens
09-20-2016, 10:22 AM
Using Garmin 305 autopilot with three Garmin sa28 servos. How do you use the Kitfox stab trim with Garmin pitch servo? I was going to set Garmin servo like others and put a seperate manual electric trim for the kf stab motor. I put a Ray Allen indicator on kf motor that shows location of stab. Help thanks

Sounds like a good plan. Having the A/P pitch servo should be fine in conjunction with normal Kitfox control of the stabilizer linear actuator for trim.

gizmos
09-21-2016, 09:04 AM
I have been told the kf trim is to slow to work with a/p. I will use kf to set angle/airspeed before a/p is turned on. Thank. Have you seen anyone put an indicator on the flaperon to show position ? I was think of micro switches that would turn on a small led? Worth while?

jrevens
09-21-2016, 04:11 PM
I would think that you would normally always set the trim before engaging the A/P, regardless of the aircraft type.

In my inexperienced opinion, a flaperon position indicator would be a waste of time & money. You already have 2 of them... the flap handle and looking at them with your eyes. ;)

dcsfoto
09-23-2016, 11:53 AM
safety trim wires direct into the Garmin system

safety trim can provide the drawing

D Kelm

Rob3782
10-12-2017, 04:41 PM
Sounds like a good plan. Having the A/P pitch servo should be fine in conjunction with normal Kitfox control of the stabilizer linear actuator for trim.

Somewhere in these posts awhile ago I remember reading someone talking about John McBean using something to slow his trim motor up while trimming to land or at higher speeds. Last night I was reading that if you wire your trim switch through the Garmin servo it will slow it down when not in autopilot. Is this what everyone has been doing? I know this is an old post but I am building behind most of you.