PDA

View Full Version : Stick angle?

akarmy
08-18-2009, 08:58 AM
So what's the correct bend angle for the control sticks. Look at the attached picture. Not sure why, but they have a different bend between the passenger and pilot.

DesertFox4
08-18-2009, 10:19 AM
akarmy, did one stick get installed upside down? That could account for the difference. Sorry , had to ask. It happens.;)

SkyPirate
08-18-2009, 10:45 AM
looking closer at the photo ..I think you nailed it Steve,..it looks upside down,.

OK I just put a protractor to the photo ..it looks like the top bends ..closest to the stick grip are the same ,..and the left side is bent forward at the bottom bend..
really tough to check viewing it thru a photo due to the boots and grips
but ..that's my story and I'm "sticking" to it :D

Chase

akarmy
08-18-2009, 01:56 PM
Interesting, I guess I'll carefully compare them and see if it's the upside down trick, or as I suspect possibly he just bent one of them more on the bench to get more "hefty man" clearance so to speak.

My assumption (want to check though) is that the "correct' example is the passenger side where the stick is mostly vertical with the elevator centered.

SkyPirate
08-18-2009, 02:48 PM
let us know ..my curiousity is peeked :)

Mark
08-19-2009, 07:19 AM
There are two different angles on the stick. The manual specifies "more pronounced bend should be placed at the top". In the picture, the pilot's side appears correct and the pax side is upside down. You could remove it and turn it over. The grip should cover the old mounting hole.

Good luck,

jdmcbean
08-19-2009, 06:38 PM
So what's the correct bend angle for the control sticks. Look at the attached picture. Not sure why, but they have a different bend between the passenger and pilot.

Steve and Mark are correct.. Pilot side is correct.

SkyPirate
08-20-2009, 07:32 AM
well dern ,..I lost that bet ..pizza for evryone!!! .I'll print some up and e mail it to you shortly :D

akarmy
08-20-2009, 09:43 AM
Well, here's the proof. Took it off, held it up, yep, upside down, flipped it, drilled it, spent an hour trying to fish the PTT wires through the junction... ARGH... got it all back together.

Thanks, you guys are great troubleshooters!