PDA

View Full Version : Flying Videos

Dick B in KY
09-07-2016, 05:38 AM
Disclaimer: I am not a techie by any stretch!!!!

I have seen some amazing flight videos from you folks and they are really inspiring, and now I need some help. Just purchased a GoPro Hero4Black and cannot get a 45 minute flight video to burn to a DVD-R. Anyone got any suggestions or instructions on how to accomplish this? Thanks.

Dick B

SkySteve
09-07-2016, 08:02 AM
Dick,
A 45 minute video is a HUGE file. Most flight videos like you see on YouTube are 3-4 minutes. I would suggest you edit down to the "good" parts and use those for your video. It is generally boring to view 45 minutes of straight and level flight. One thought: There is a free app for your smart phone produced by GoPro. I use it all the time. My iPhone is mounted on my panel. It is easy to turn your GoPro camera on and off from the app, thus saving your camera battery. So, before I land, take off, or do something "spectacular", I use my iPhone to turn the camera on, film a short clip, then turn it off until I'm ready to use it again. Once on the ground and back at my computer it is pretty easy to edit into a 3-4 minute YouTube video.

ken nougaret
09-07-2016, 10:36 AM
Good suggestions. Dick, i just bought the Hero4 silver. Havent done much with it yet, but i think it helps to lower the resolution on the camera in order to get transfers done. My eyes cant tell much difference in picture quality.