PDA

View Full Version : EuroFox and the Kitfox?

jsiska
08-16-2008, 08:01 PM
This is my first post. I'm retiring soon and will soon have allot of time to wonder about things and maybe build something. So...,
Does anybody know why the EuroFox Light Sport Aircraft looks almost Identical to the Kitfox Super Sport?

Jim

jdmcbean
08-17-2008, 09:49 AM
There is no relationship between EuroFox and the Kitfox. They (EuroFox) have essentially copied a much earlier design and are using the Fox name for marketing.

“Imitation is the finest form of flattery", but market on your own name.

jsiska
08-17-2008, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the answer. 1930s cars look like 1930s cars. 1950s cars look like 1950s cars. Manufactures copy each others designs. That being said, I'm amazed that a company has the gall to not only copy a design but to even use a (part of) company name to trick people to gain potential customers.
Shocking!!!

Jim

rockyrim
08-17-2008, 02:40 PM
I took the opportunity to go over a "Copy" at the Copper State fly-in.
There are too many dissimilarities to list. Once I spotted the much
smaller push-pull tube I really started stickin' my head around and under, pulling velcro.
There are so many down-sized tubes, hardware and just generally not even close to being
in the same class. But there's that "cute" factor that's grabbing a lot of new buyers that may
not have been exposed to building. It's not the only LSA pulling them in with cute.

Rocky Whitman
S7