View Full Version : Static Source

dcsfoto
07-26-2016, 12:10 PM
what are people using for static source

D Kelm

Dave S
07-26-2016, 01:08 PM
D Kelm,

I fabricated a fuselage fitting to locate on the fuselage fabric at the design location of our S7. Basically some off the shelf brass fitting parts, shaped and drilled for the airstream exposure side with a disk soldered on for fabric bonding. On the back side the fitting selected made for an exact size for the static line. Don't have a photo..sorry.

jiott
07-26-2016, 01:47 PM
I used the static port kit available from Kitfox as an option. Has the fittings, tubing, external port, and instructions for location and mounting. Location is low on the left side of the fuselage, just forward of the lifting handle (SS7).

N213RV
07-26-2016, 05:03 PM
I used the static ports with threaded side for tubing connector from Aircraft Spruce. I riveted them to a 3" diameter aluminum plate and installed one on each side of the fuselage in the location noted by KitFox.

I'm painting the fuse now, or I'd send you a picture....

http://m.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/inpages/staticports2.php

dcsfoto
07-26-2016, 08:34 PM
I have the Kitfox kit but no install info or location

where is the location in the manual was sure I saw it but not able to find it now

D K

jiott
07-26-2016, 10:31 PM
DK its not in the manual. The install info comes with the optional static kit, or maybe you need to ask for it. They can email it to you.