PDA

View Full Version : 912iS Installation ?

cfo
06-08-2016, 01:18 PM
I'm building a model 7 Kitfox.

I have borrowed a dummy 912UL engine & Ring Mount.

Before I start cutting & drilling the cowling I want to ask:

Will this configuration give me the same propeller flange position as my iS installation?

Thanks in advance.

DesertFox4
06-08-2016, 03:12 PM
Hey Cecil. Not exactly sure on your question although my insticts tell me they should be identical. I'm guessing not many on here have built both a 912 uls and a fuel injected Kitfox. I know folks that have and they reside at "The Factory"
In Homedale. Might email John and confirm dimensions.
Hope you are well.:)

jiott
06-08-2016, 04:19 PM
I'm pretty sure you can download (for free) the engine installation manuals for both the 912UL and the 912iS. Those manuals have detailed dimensions for all the mounting points as well as the prop flange. Just compare the two drawings.

neville
06-09-2016, 05:50 AM
Call the factory. I built a SS7 with 912iS. There are differences from other models of 912's. For example, the fuel rail /injector covers are not mounted
in the identical position on each side of the engine. The right side is forward and comes very close to the inside of the cowling. So close that I installed the two bumps (like valve cover extensions on a radial engine). They come with the fire wall forward kit but are listed as optional. The installation on a SS7
requires a two inch prop extension.