PDA

View Full Version : Header Tank Woes

bbryan
08-05-2009, 03:13 PM
I need help. Trying to install a header tank that is aluminum, round with a bracket welded on each end and holds about 1.5gal. Problem is I can't figure out where this thing goes. I seem to have a K3 kit with a mix of K4 parts and information. My manual does not give a clue where it goes. One part says rear mounted header an another says front, but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere. I must confess this is a bit embarrassing, building a plane but can't mount a tank? SCAREY !!!!!!

DesertFox4
08-05-2009, 03:18 PM
If you could post a photo of it that might help. I had a round aluminum header tank on my model 3. It was mounted behind the baggage sack to the diagonal tubes. I removed it later and replaced it with an aluminum header tank that goes behind the passengers seat back.

bbryan
08-05-2009, 03:47 PM
Here are a few pics of the tank if it works. There must be more brackets to attach this. Everything on the fuselage is at an angle.

DesertFox4
08-05-2009, 05:11 PM
That's it . Mine had aluminum angle "extensions" bolted on the brackets shown on your tank to reach the diagonal tubing behind the baggage sack and was attached with adel clamps to the tubing.. The two side inlets went to the fuel tank feeds, the bottom of course went to the gascolator by way of a fuel selector valve if memory serves and the top was a vent to the right wing tank.