PDA

View Full Version : fuel pump inlet change? Rotax 912S

PNWJARED
05-02-2016, 08:23 PM
I would like to change the inlet on my mechanical pump from the push on barb type to an AN-6 Adapter. I see there is a copper washer and have read not to use pipe sealant. but to use loctite 243? Is this is a special fitting or will the AN Adapter with copper washer and loctite be sufficient? it appears the copper washer is where the seal occurs.

Any experience on the matter would be helpful I plan on using earls AN-6 adapter to what i believe to be 3/8 NPT.

thank you all..

jrevens
05-03-2016, 12:00 AM
Jared,

If the original has a washer between the surfaces of the fitting & the pump then it is not a tapered pipe thread. The seal occurs with the soft metal gasket or washer. The thread is a straight thread. This is common on fuel pumps. The fitting you need should be readily available from a speed shop, or someplace online such as ANplumbing.com. You'll have to make sure if it is metric or not, & the size.

PNWJARED
05-03-2016, 05:18 PM
thank you John, I ordered an AN-6 Rotax adapter from CPS $65 dollars for the two a little spendy hopefully it meets my needs. I will see if the set up is correct. I will report back with my findings.