PDA

View Full Version : New Blog on Kitfox 5

redbowen
04-24-2016, 07:36 PM
I have put together a historical recollection of my Kitfox 5 build and development that I thought I would share with the group. Enjoy.

http://n454tw.weebly.com/blog

SkySteve
04-24-2016, 08:09 PM
Redbowen,
That's a pretty cool blog. I like it.

Av8r3400
04-24-2016, 09:43 PM
Awesome! Is that a "build it online" website? It's pretty great.

Now lets go beat 'em up at BCP for dissing Kitfoxes all the time!

redbowen
04-24-2016, 09:59 PM
I use weebly for a small business website and this is a free weebly site I created to just chronicle my history with the Kitfox. It started with me trying to remember when I did each thing to the Kitfox. I created a paper recollection of everything, but found that I had pictures that followed most of what I had done. So I started putting them together and decided a website could do the best job organizing everything.
I think that the Kitfox is seriously under valued as an all around great airplane. Good STOL, good cruise, good baggage capacity and good fuel economy. The guys I fly with burn twice as much fuel and go the same speed. Sure they can carry more in a Maule, but pound for pound the Kitfox is so economical. I am coming up on a situation where I need more seats and hope that I don't have to part with the Superfox, but a bearhawk may be in my future. That is unless I can convince Kitfox to come up with a 4 seater.
Any advice on how to convince my wife that we need two airplanes?

Av8r3400
04-25-2016, 05:12 AM
Any advice on how to convince my wife that we need two airplanes?

Have her get a pilots license of her own?

SkySteve
04-25-2016, 08:08 AM
Now lets go beat 'em up at BCP for dissing Kitfoxes all the time!

I'm with ya, Av8r3400. Can't tell you how many times Ive been sitting on a short backcountry airstrip watching some of those same guys fly a couple circles overhead, then fly away. I used to wonder why they didn't land, but I think I know :D:p

Esser
04-25-2016, 08:35 AM
Have her get a pilots license of her own?

I second that! My wife and I argue over who gets to fly all the time!